1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which American Idol CDs have you bought or downloaded?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 16, 2007.

1. statrat

statrat Member

What's "American Idol"?

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Since U Been Gone

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I just checked, and the answer is still, "What are you, fucking kidding me?"

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In a somewhat unrelated note, Zeke and Tiny House Girl have never been photographed together ...

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Far too late :)

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I will NOT buy one from any of this year's bores.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

None.. haven't watched the show because the music is bad, why would I buy or download the CDs?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've got Miss Independent by Clarkson, Carrie Underwood's new one and Daughtry's as well (all singles). I've never watched the show, but a good song's a good song, regardless of how they got their break.

9. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

In order to properly stick it to Cowell, the Brits, Fox and The Man, I've bought none, but downloaded Taylor Hicks just for the hell of it and gave it to anyone who thought they wanted to buy a copy.

I downloaded Carrie Underwood for someone, too.

I'd pay for a Blake Lewis CD -- but only if it came with a ticket to beat his ass.

Fuck Blake Lewis.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Since U Been Gone is one of the most brilliant pop songs of the 21st Century. And here are some brilliant covers of it ...

Ted Leo:

Butch Walker:

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well, I had to get Carrie Underwood's cd to support Gordie Sampson, who co-wrote the song "Jesus takes the Wheel". Gordie is from my neck of the woods.
    I think Daughtry is great and his success is payback for being booted out of last season's Idol.
    And I admit, I am a "closet" Kelly Clarkson fan.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't watch Idol's first season and the only thing I knew about Clarkson was that pretty lame single she released after winning... Fast-forward a few years later and I'm driving around and I start singing along to what was on the radio... I look at the scroll on my Sirius radio and I am stunned when it says "Since You've Been Gone, Kelly Clarkson..."

Clarkson is the best to ever be on the show... Chris Daughtry is a close second...

Draft saved Draft deleted