1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which active NFL players will make the Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

In all fairness, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter took snaps behind a line that didn't provide much help. What Moss needs is a trade.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

1. Brett Favre - yep
    2. Ray Lewis - yep
    3. Tom Brady - yep
    4. Peyton Manning - yep
    5. Adam Vinatieri - yep
    6. Marvin Harrison - yep
    7. Terrell Owens - if michael irvin can get in so can TO
    8. Marshall Faulk - yep
    9. Curtis Martin - yep
    10. Derrick Brooks - yep
    11. Brian Urlacher - yep
    12. Champ Bailey - yep
    13. LaDainian Tomlinson - yep
    14. Shaun Alexander - more than likely
    15. Jonathan Ogden - yep
    16. Ed Reed - very good chance
    17. John Lynch - eh not so sure
    18. Warren Sapp - eh not so sure
    19. Tony Gonzalez - yep
    20. Walter Jones - in
    21. Randy Moss - doubtful unless he changes his attitude which we know he won't
    22. Brian Dawkins - in
    23. Rodney Harrison - maybe
    24. Warrick Dunn - doubtful, good player, but not a hall of famer
    25. Jeff Saturday - good job on this one, very overlooked, but a great player
    26. Corey Dillon - are you kidding?
    27. Ty Law - not so sure
    28. Michael Strahan - good chance
    29. Donovan McNabb - probably needs to win a super bowl
    30. Bill Cowher - in
    31. Julius Peppers - very good chance

That's my opinion

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

When someone mentioned OLs, I immediately thought of Willie Roaf and Walter Jones. Ogden, Pace and Waters are worthy as well.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Parcells, Belicheck, Shanahan and Holmgren are locks as coaches. Gibbs is already in, isn't he? Cowher is, if maybe not a lock, certainly a pretty good bet.

Dungy jumps into contention if he gets a SB win, as would Marty S. Vermiel probably goes in pretty soon, too.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Devon Hester.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Kevin Mawae

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Good call on Jeff Saturday.

My vote would include Willie Anderson, who has been one of the league's best tackles since he's been in the league.

And melock, here's a little something about Dillon. He has more than 11,000 yards rushing and next year will likely pass the following: Riggins, Thurman Thomas and Franco Harris. In addition, Marcus Allen, Marshall Faulk and Jim Brown are also in reach next year.

Dillon could very easily end up with more than 13,000 rushing yards and he only needs 18 more rushing TDs for 100 rushing TDs (he had 89 TDs total, including 7 receiving). He set several records (team and league) in Cincinnati and he was the primary back for the 2004 Super Bowl winning Patriots. That's more than enough to get him in. Maybe not on the first ballot, but sooner rather than later.

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I'm a huge Marshall fan, and so I love Troy Brown, but there's no way. His stats have been mediocre, except for two or three Pro Bowl caliber seasons. And too many voters focus on stats.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Ruben Brown, anyone?

10. Blog Is My Co-Pilot

Blog Is My Co-Pilot New Member

Ogden and Orlando Pace are both locks.

Might sound strange, but Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt are both virtual locks right now.

Bruce is only a couple of 1,000 yard seasons away from second place all time in receiving yards. And Holt could easily crack the top 10 in receptions and receiving yards in the next couple of years.

If Smith-Aikman-Irvin all get in, I'm comfortable throwing Faulk-Bruce-Holt in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted