1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which active NFL players will make the Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good call... He was the one I was thinking about...

2. Mizzougrad96

Seau will be the biggest defensive no-brainer since Reggie White went in...

3. Mizzougrad96

Just like Irvin, Owens may be a complete douche, but no way does he not make Canton...

Randy Moss is borderline, but another good season or two would probably get him in...

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good luck with that.

5. Mizzougrad96

Not only will Brown never make Canton, he won't ever be a finalist...

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

That needs to be in the past tense. Had the talent. I don't see him doing anything at this stage of his career that puts him in the category of greatest WR of all time.

I don't think Moss will get in, and I know I'm probably just biased because I can't stand Owens, but does he have H.O.F. stats? He was definitely dominant for a few year stretch, but I feel like Torry Holt would probably have similar numbers, though I haven't looked it up.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I dunno, Mizzou. T.O.'s gaudy numbers can fairly be measured against his penchant for tearing a team apart from the inside. Moss is not exactly a very good teammate either. In fact, he's a cancer. T.O.'s Typhoid Mary.

Those are not "off the field" issues. They're fair game.

8. Like Faulk, a few more Rams. I think Torry Holt and Orlando Pace are going to make it with Pace a lock.

Isaac Bruce will have a hell of a case too when he is all said and done.

Edge James will get some consideration if they get an OL in Arizona. Shaun Alexander, also.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Mentioned on another thread, but I'll again suggest Rod Smith.

10. Mizzougrad96

Playing in the Super Bowl with a broken leg guaranteed Owens a spot in Canton...

That, and more than 100 touchdowns...

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Brett Favre will never get in ... to make the Hall you have to retire and he simply won't.
    I got a dollar that says Owens gets in and McNabb doesn't.
    Owens might be a cancer, but when his team needed him in the biggest game, Owens delivered. Donovan didn't.
    Willie Roaf, assuming he doesn't come back next year after a season off, is a mortal lock.
    No love for Steve McNair? I think he's in as well.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Guess Owens threw all those passes to himself. And it's amazing that the Eagles were even in the game, considering how much McNabb "didn't deliver."

Draft saved Draft deleted