1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where's the Beef?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 17, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Right now, it's in my freezer; eventually it will be in my stomach. It's the in-between I'm dealing with.

got an email monday from a company in Montana informing me that I'd won a contest (enter them all the time, but never win).
    Sent them my info and today in the mail I received 24 6-oz steak burger patties (frozen individually) and three 1-pound packs of kabob meat.
    It's grass-fed beef from La Cense. Other than no hormones (directly or indirectly), what's the difference, how does it taste and anyone ever tried beef from there?
    Looks like a lot of online ordering and it aint cheap... looks like I get the BBQ during SEC Media Days...

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Send some to me and I'll let you know.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Eastern Pa. if you wanna send me some kabobs.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I still have some dry ice left...

5. My mother-in-law has a cousin with a cattle farm.

We're going halfsies on a beef cow. I'm covering the "kill fee" and butchering. How romantic!

And when it's all said and done I'll have somewhere between 75-100 pounds of beef filling up my basement freezer.

Draft saved Draft deleted