1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where's Moddy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 24, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He is most every day. Kid's NBA ready. Now.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He's a stud in the CAA. Sorry Moddy, but I see that tear drop getting swatted a lot at the next level.

He will get drafted, but the first round pot of gold might not be a lock.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

Oh, he's way more than the teardrop. Kid can dish. And spot up. And just about everything else.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So VCU is up, what, 15 in the second half? Mason, which is very good even without Vaughn and very well coached (sorry BYH) cuts it to one.
    Maynor comes down and hits one from about 40 feet. Good night.
    Kid has a set on him like I've never seen. A monster set. Needs a wheelbarrow set. Friend of mine from the old days is an NBA scout and he's there today. I say, "I'm not media anymore, level with me. Can he play in your league?"
    Without question, I'm told.

Set the career assist record today. He'll be the only one over 600 by the time he's done. Will also get the career scoring mark. 28 points, six assists, one turnover today. And it wasn't home cooking.

Not on press row today. We were jammed. I didn't sit. Great atmosphere. Great game. Most fun I've had since I've left newspapers.

And, yes, Larry Sanders has a chance to be monster freaking good.

5. 93Devil

It's just so hit and miss on guards in the NBA. That is my hesitation.

6. JackReacher

Have you seen this kid play? And do you ever watch the NBA? I have my doubts based on your comments.

7. Moderator1

I don't know enough about the NBA to know for sure. I'd be willing to put a lot of money on this kid. Like I said, he's blessed with mega-sack and that counts for something. Counts for a lot.

Speaking of sack *** ODU up 22-7 with about six to go in the first half and loses by 16? Scores 20 the rest of the way?

Sonner, you missed one hell of an afternoon. I wish they were all like this one.

8. JackReacher

Trust me, Moddy. I'm bitter. Big time. It sucks that's the only meeting of the season. Until Richmond, of course. I'm gonna try like hell to be there.

9. 93Devil

A lot of these guys were considered studs and great prospects at the next level.

2005 NBA draft
    Paul, Williams are studs.
    Felton, Robinson and Jack... not so much.

Livingston and Telfair.

Hinrich, Ford, Banks, Ridnour, Bell... anything there?

Jay Williams and Frank Williams

Lopez, Tinsley and Parker (there is a good NBA guard).

10. Moderator1

I should say I hope someone knocks Mason off in the tournament. But I think a Mason-VCU game there could be something exceptional. Of course, Northeastern could have a say in all that, too. Huskies are good. Looks like the CAA has a clear top three at this point.
    Mason had a kid today who really impressed me and I'm drawing a blank on the name.
    I'll still take our guy in any war.

11. JackReacher

Dre Smith ain't bad. Takes too many bad shots, as does Cam Long. Darryl Monroe is too soft. Ryan Pearson is young and has a lot of potential, as does the freshman from DeMatha, Isiah Tate.

You're right Moddy, NE has a legit shot this year, but I'm definitely down for a VCU-GMU rematch in the final.

12. 93Devil

What's more important is VCU looks to be good P.M. (post Maynor).

A lot of players hit big shots today.

Moddy, does the big Russian kid found any good Polish or Russian places to eat in Richmond?

Draft saved Draft deleted