1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

where's 'casty' been hiding?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Sep 7, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

glad you asked. our fave baseball expert and longtime SportsJournalists.com contributor has been getting back on track all summer at a health-care facility in new jersey. he's been without his laptop, however, so until he gets his hands on it he'll continue to be out of lurking range. but he wanted to assure anyone who's wondered, 'whither casty?' not to be concerned. well, not to be concerned about any 'worst-case scenario' scenarios, anyway.

his goal 'is goal is to get strong enough to return home to be a bitter old hack in his friendly confines, but admits the facility hosting him is treating him splendidly and wouldn't be a disaster if he needed to stay indefinitely... well, at least until his funds run out. these luxury resorts ain't cheap, after all.

he sends his best regards to all, even misses most (okay, a few) other knuckleheads 'round here. he, certainly sounded like himself, sounded strong, and i'll no doubt be in contact with him more frequently now. and if he's still sans laptop, i'll surely pass along further insights -- maybe even including his world series analysis.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

So, who's got an old laptop they aren't using?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd say just send him a smartphone, but he probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to use it... :D

I hope he gets better. We desperately need a baseball voice of reason back in these parts. :D

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What would Casty make of Manky Jimy?

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Best of luck to him, hope he's back around these parts soon.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Stuff like that is the reason Casty has sometimes taken voluntary breaks from the board.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wondered why I hadn't been chastised lately. Come back soon.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You stink, and your hair looks funny! Better?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted