1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where's BYH?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We had a thread a year or so ago regarding the SportsJournalists.com Safety Network, and how everybody was going to look out for everybody else.

Well, one of our own has slipped thru the cracks. BYH is MIA, and I am worried. He's taken "breaks" before, but never this long.* My detailed chart shows that slappy and Ace were supposed to be looking out for BYH, and they have obviously neglected their responsibilities. Now, he's gone.

IMO, this is a Code Orange situation, and it's time to pull out all the stops to find him (whatever that means). Everybody, let's be careful out there.

*I have no real idea about his previous breaks.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Up yours, Dexter.

BYH is just in the bathroom and the wireless signal isn't working. No worries. Should be out in a couple hours.

3. BYH is doing my yardwork.

Today I have him moving my compost pile.

He hit my car and didn't have any insurance so the court made him my butler. But I needed a gardener more so there you have it.

4. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

According to the place where he works, he hasn't written since the end of April.

Should we be really worried?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A. BYH has taken longer breaks before, once when he finished a project and once when he just wanted to take a break.
    B. BYH has communicated with me several times recently. This break is a combination - he wanted a break and has a project of some sort he's finishing that is pretty time consuming. He will be back at some point.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

He was signed on Saturday early morning and I last heard from him Thursday.
    As Moddy says, he has a few things going on so he'll not be here much for a short time. No big deal.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Does this mean we need to recall the 4.7 million milk cartons we just had printed with his avatar and post totals? Oy.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is he stalking Derek Jeter again?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think he's sportschick's love slave.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think Jay Horwitz had him whacked.

11. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Thank you for the update.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Poindexter, you worried me with this thread. I thought BYH might have been a teacher who ... well, you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.