1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where would you go if you had $3,000 in your pocket?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll change my answer, then.

I take the dough and put it toward my car to lessen those payments to about $100 a month.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Pick something you really want to see in Europe -- the Coliseum, Buckingham Palace. You've got enough money and enough time to see one cool area. Shame you only have four days, though. Give me two weeks and $3K and I could get some serious R&R done in Mexico.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Forgot to say that friends just came back from Costa Rica and had a really great time there. Lots of hiking and they went ziplining, too.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Belize.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Could also pay for all of us to come to you.. a fall outing of sorts..

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Would probably end up as a falling-out of sorts...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

depends on who showed up

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This would have been my advice, but yea with four days it's not very feasible. Also, for the love of all that is holy, if you ever do something like this, don't pick Buckingham Palace. It's not worth it.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Exactly. All of you flying here would inevitably be delayed anyway...haven't taken a flight in two years that was actually on time.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. joe

joe Active Member

Or, if not restricted by the stupid U.S. laws, Cuba. But I'd wait a couple weeks to get that damn-near-raw burger.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

As someone who lived there for two years, I can say there's plenty of good and bad. But this time of year, with virtually no tourists around, it's a slice of heaven.

I'd recommend staying in Nags Head — a lot more great dinner choices nearby than you'll find in Buxton.

Draft saved Draft deleted