1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where would you go if you had $3,000 in your pocket?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I need suggestions. I have had two vacations canceled due to tropical storms this summer. I haven't taken a vacation in years. Not complaining, just saying...I gotta get out of here. So I've saved up a little money by living a completely bland existence for several months, which sucks. I've got about $3,500 for vacation (does not include spending $, but I would like to keep that reasonable) and I need to take this time by the middle-to-end of October. Where do I go? I love food, random wandering, people-watching, and great stories to send home. I've been to France, the Bahamas and Grand Cayman Island. I am open to anything. I have four days. Where would you go in my position or where have been that you would recommend?

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Right now, I might go to Maine.

3. i hear the gulf coast will be awesome this whole week.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Vegas. Best place in the US to people watch

5. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I'd buy a decent used car. Or an amazingly thorough prostitute.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Fly into Portland, rent a car and drive Highway 101. Probably the most breathtaking scenery I've ever seen.

Or, see how many national parks you can hit in two weeks.

FT makes a good point, if you can find a place to stay. The leaves are changing as we speak.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Thought about both Portland and Maine. I've got four days...I'm on the East Coast, so I was thinking Portland might be a little too short for only four days including flying time.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Why Maine? And what city?

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

North, central or southern east coast?

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Central East Coast, but I have been to Florida and NY more times than I could count...also love Charleston, SC, but I have been there many times, as well.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

A co-worker is trying to talk me into Costa Rica. Have no clue about that, but it's affordable...

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The bank.

Draft saved Draft deleted