1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where will you go for Olympic coverage?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think most top-50 newspapers have someone there.

NBCSports.com has no interesting columnists. To answer my own question, I anticipate I'll probably get the little I read about the Olympics via social media.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I rarely read columnists. Give me scores, highlights, breaking news (drug cheats, etc.) and stats.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how Ostler got this, though. John Crumpacker's been their Olympics guy for years (well, since the merger) and I've always looked forward to his coverage.

Moddy, your crew put together a nice page.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

We have two there, which is fine. That and AP will be plenty for me. Anything extraordinary will likely be pointed out on SportsJournalists.com and then I'll read it. And stuff FB friends link to if they've written it.

You would think I'd have a soft spot for the Olympics because the 1984 Summer Games created my first major-metro job, but really I do not care.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

6. JPsT

JPsT Member

No mention yet of SI? I'll be reading their online stuff.

7. CNY

CNY Member

From what I can tell, L.A. Times has at least a dozen folks (reporters, columnists, photographers, editors) in London. Chicago has a handful and then a few more from the rest of the Tribune papers.

8. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

New York Times looks good so far.

SI did a great who is gonna win medals piece like they did in the magazine.

BBC, too.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Boston Globe has five writers, including Bob Ryan's swan song as regular columnist. My alma mater the Herald has none. Had none in Beijing, either. Makes me very sad. Losing is bad, quitting is disgraceful. Bet they send a bunch to the Republican Convention, though. Oh, wait, my bad. Newsside doesn't have a bunch left to send.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

L.A. has always gone all-out on the Olympics.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Is that the same paper that doesn't travel with the LA Kings hockey team?

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

To be fair, how many people care about the Kings?

Draft saved Draft deleted