1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where will you go for Olympic coverage?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Which news organizations do you think cover the Games best?

And, while we're at it, how actively will you seek Olympic news? I know we have a thread about how closely you'll follow the Olympics, but those watching and those reading can be very different groups.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.washingtontimes.com/specials/london-2012-olympics/

Sorry, couldn't resist.

3. the page is too busy, but they seem to have everything I'm looking for

http://www.nbcolympics.com/

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is there any newspaper you'd go for Olympic coverage? I'll poke around for take-outs from different outlets, but for up-to-date info, I'll go to the BBC or NBCOlympics.com

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What newspapers have reporters and/or columnists at the Games?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If I was still Olympics editor at USA Today, the answer would be obvious.

Like most stuff, I'll get most of my info off the raw wire feed.

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

For sidebar stuff/postcards/the general environment surrounding the Games, Scott Ostler (SF Chronicle) is in London and writing about every day. The first several installments from him have been outstanding. I do not find that surprising in the least because I think Scott Ostler is an outstanding columnist.

I will be checking out the Chronicle - - and Ostler's archived columns - - every day or so.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

SportsCenter...

Because I want to watch something where the NFL preseason and training camps will come before the bulk of the Olympic coverage... :D

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Is the Nation's Newspaper still sending twice as many people to the Olympics as any other?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have no ideer, but I rather doubt it. The preview section today rounded up the usual suspects but there's no staff box, which was our usual dick-measuring gesture.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Am I curious how many papers are sending reporters and photographers. I'm sure it's considerably less than in the past and I certainly understand that. I can remember when lots of metro papers would send 10 or so. I doubt that's the case anymore.

Oh, and to answer the question: my primary source will be NBCOlympics.com and London2012.com. It may be the first time I won't even pick up a print edition. Hey, if you're going to give me the content online, why bother?

Draft saved Draft deleted