1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where will he land?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That was the headline on what was ESPN.com's lede story late Tuesday/early Wednesday.

The story in question was a Chris Sheridan column about whether or not LeBron James might go to the Knicks when he's a free agent in July of 2010. For those of you scoring at home, that's a mere 18 months and 1.75 seasons from now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=LeBronmsg-081125

And this is newsworthy now ... why?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Vince Doria has no comment

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hate how they made a big deal about it on SportsCenter today.

And the scroll at the bottom read: LeBron plays first game at MSG today. Which made it sound like he was playing there for the first time in his career.

I don't know why anyone would want to play for the Knicks. Unless, you know, they get some talent between now and July 2010.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Reasons 1-100: New York > Cleveland.

And it's a story because the Knicks have said publicly, I believe, that they're most recent trades were aimed at creating room to sign LeBron.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, it would be more fun to watch him fail to win championships in New York.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hell, go play for the Nets. At least they're a little better and it's not that far from The City.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And to think I used to like you, Mr. Cleveland Basher!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Cavs can pay LeBron significantly more money if he stays in Cleveland.

9. dmc

dmc Guest

He may be the only big name player the yanks can land.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

All the Knicks (Walsh) have done is concede that part of their motivation for moving Crawford and Randolph, their two high scorers early in the season, was to clear cap space. The media took it from there.

Absolutely ridiculous that this is a discussion this far out, although I note that King James doesn't seem to mind the speculation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Aren't there anti-tampering rules to prevent this sort of thing?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Who tampered?

Draft saved Draft deleted