1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where were you 30 years ago tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually thought this was a John Lennon thread and thought, I could have sworn he was killed in December.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was 22, taking 18 credits to finish college and working two 20-hour-a-week jobs, including my first newspaper gig, so I was probably writing a high school soccer gamer (on an IBM Selectric). I don't think I even owned a TV at the time and I don't recall ever being home, for any reason, during prime time.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not born.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How do you know you weren't in his left?

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Basking in the glow of my prediction that it was Bing's daughter who shot him, because she had only signed to do five shows. The shooting was No. 4.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He was great in Mother, Juggs and Speed.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I didn't watch because my mother and father deemed me too young at 7.

Though I remember seeing those tacky T-shirts at Ocean City, Md. saying "I Shot JR."

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wasn't watching that show. I never got into any of those prime time soap operas.

9. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

There are a few pictures of me in front of the scene of the crime in my family's photo albums, so it's possible.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Good call. I am left-handed.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Not really into it because I was 17 and going out on Friday Nights hoping to avoid a DUI.

What's funny is that a couple of years later at college, started watching with my roommates before going out because one roomie loved how JR was such an a-hole and treated everyone like crap and yet he kept getting what he wanted. We all laughed at what a d*ckhead JR was while starting the Friday night buzz.

Draft saved Draft deleted