1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where were you 30 years ago tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Nov 21, 2010.

1. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Waiting to see if? It was safe to say that them Duke boys were always going to get away from Roscoe P. Coltrane.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

In my dad's right nut.

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

"To-day do I bake, to-morrow I brew,
    The day after that the queen's child comes in"

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Amazing to think about the hubbub of that. TV has changed. They whack lead characters in the middle of seasons now (sometimes even without the "one of these people is going to die" promos).

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I don't really watch any of these shows nowadays, but it seems like a bankruptcy of ideas, that they have to just start arbitrarily whacking characters to maintain interest. Sopranos comes to mind.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I didn't give a fuck, then or now. ::) ::)

"Dallas" was the first major TV show that I never saw a single episode of during its original run.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was in a bar (it was Friday night after all) in my first year of dorm living away from home. I had watched Dallas off-and-on the previous season but mostly just to look at Victoria Principal.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Glued to the TV wearing the same "Who Shot JR?" T-shirt that I had been wearing all summer.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So it could have been you?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Impossible. Now I would have taken a Battlestar Galactica reference or an BJ and the Bear one, but you can't pull from the same network.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I was 20 so probably, I was out getting drunk!

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought this would be a John Bonham thread. The timing is not that far off and Lennon followed not far thereafter.

Wasn't there an actor's strike that postponed the start of the season?

Draft saved Draft deleted