1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Was Keith?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Keith Olberman in Football in America last night? He seemed to be missing in action. The Belichick story seemed taylor made for him yet he was nowhere to be found.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Taylor made, huh? :D

Yeah, it was mentioned on the NFL thread that he was M.I.A. Seems odd.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Keith was snorting a line with Dave Parker under the wagongate at old Busch.

Wait... Wrong Keith.

4. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Emergency appendectomy, according to a BLOG! I saw.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/msnbc/emergency_appendectomy_for_olbermann_67118.asp?c=rss

Supposed to be back on the air Wednesday. Think O'Falafel sent him a get well card?

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I heard he was e-mailing some hot chick he found on Facebook.

6. Boom_70

Has NBC Dropped Olberman's Worst person in America bit? I've not seen it in a few weeks although I easily could have missed.

Either way this show contiues to be a mess. If ESPN still had Primetime its safe to say I would not be watching NBC for my around the leaque highlights.

It it full though each week to watch Peter King. He always looks like he is doing a hostage tape.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He was there, though he probably should have stayed home. His Worst Person in the NFL was Jones Soda. The company, I suppose, placed pictures of each person in the studio on its bottles. Olberman went down the list and made jokes about the bottles, names of the drinks and the pictures used. It was a complete waste of two minutes.

But he was there.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It was on last week ... the Texans DL got it for taunting an unconscious Trent Green.

9. He was on with Costas. They even shared a bowl of popcorn during the Dallas-NE highlights as a tribute to TO and he made a Belichick-spying joke during some video of BB outlining plays on the sideline that has the Boston fanboys up in arms today.

Boom, are you just trolling or didn't you know this?

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes.

11. Boom_70

Not trolling - did see popcorn bit but must have missed worst person segment.

It's a strange show - seems ripe to become a continuing Saturday Night Live bit.

12. It has the one pre-requisite for football studio show watchability.
    No Berman.

Draft saved Draft deleted