1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where to sit at Yankee Stadium?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SoSueMe, Jun 20, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Okay.

I'm going to a game this summer. Money is somewhat of an object, but it's not my biggest concern.

Where are the decent seats located. I'll be buying off stub hub.

I just want to go before next year, which will be the last.

I want to enjoy the stadium more than the game (I'll be going to see the Jays or Orioles or White Sox).

So, any seat location suggestions?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When I went I sat about 14 rows up right behind home plate, and it was perfect. ($55 in 2000) My only regret is that I didn't check out Monument Valley. I don't know when it is open to the public. Anywhere should be great though.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

if youo buy off stub hub you will get royally ripped off. it is legalized ticket scalping.
    go to the yankess website and see what is available for the day you want to go

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seriously, man, just order online direct from Yankees

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Monument Park closes 90 minutes before gametime. I have had luck getting tickets day of game from scalpers. Just be careful, you don't get ripped off.....You have to be willing to walk away if they're asking for too much. IF its not the Red Sox, or Mets, you can usually get tix. I hate to sound cliched, but there isn't a bad seat in the Stadium. The upper deck is overlooks the field, so you don't feel too far away. Those are the cheapest, $17 and you can get beer. Just avoid the bleachers (bunch of drunkards and once game starts, you can't buy beer).

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I would suggest down the right-field line just because that is where I have always wanted to sit. Monument Park is very cool, but like the poster above said, you have to get to the game early. As a longtime Yankees fan - and I don't know if you are one or not - I thought it was very cool, just because of the history involved.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I, speaking for all Yankees fans, can say we don't want you.
    Seriously, though, I should have included no matter if you are a Yankees fan or not, Monument Park is worth showing up early. It is just pretty fucking cool.

Random Dallas SportsJournalists.com outing threadjack: For those who have never been to Arlington, you should definitely think about checking out the baseball history museum at the park I only refer to as The Ballpark at Arlington. It has some legit stuff in it.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

John Sterling, nice of you to join us!

If money is an object for you, but you want a memorable Stadium experience, I've got one word for you: BLEACHERS! The right field stands are where all the animalistic Bleacher Creatures are, but they're mostly regulars, so good luck finding seats there. The ones in left field, albeit the furthest away from the action, are pretty good, too, plus you get to be right by the bullpens and unload hell on the opposing relievers. ;D

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Under the right field bleachers. It was good enough for the Mick.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you want to sit with people from the Bronx and Brooklyn, hit the bleachers. You may get a few drunks and rowdies, but that is part of the local flavor, right?

Both of the lines are good, but to sit behind home plate may be very difficult to do. A friend and I will see the Yanks in Baltimore each year because we can get way better seats in Baltimore then we ever could in New York. Money is not an object for him either. It's just that we cannot get the seats we want in NY.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Lower tier in right field is fun place to sit. If you can swing it avoid upper deck, view is fine but bathrooms are tiny and get jammed.

My favorite view is behind visitor dugout about parallel to pitchers mound. You can see the whole field, get a sense of how fast pitchers are thowing and advise opposing pitchers if they are working on a no hitter.

Besides Monument park no trip to Yankee stadium is complete without visiting Stan's where you can find an ice cold Yuengling.

12. Do NOT sit in the bleachers, particularly the left-field bleachers. My son and I sat there two years ago and regretted it, the price of the tickets notwithstanding. Despite all the romantic things Filip Bondy has written, the right-field bleachers are overrated -- it's where the trailer-trash white drunks sit. 93Devil calls it "local flavor." I guess the "local flavor" is stale beer.

Left field is an incredibly poor place to watch a game -- you are so far from the field, you can't see much of anything. Worse, this is where the neighborhood comes to watch a game, because they can't get seats elsewhere. I didn't have a particular problem with being the only native English speakers in our section, but everybody seems to know everybody else, and people are constantly switching seats, standing up to talk to their long-lost pals, etc.

I'd recommend anywhere in the upper deck in the infield. We sat in the $20 seats way above home plate a few years ago, and you can see everything happening, even if it feels as if you're sitting in a helicopter. We also had some luck sitting in mid-upper-level seats between home and first -- felt as if you were on top of the action. Don't sit in the lower-deck seats anywhere past first or third base. You'll be looking at the back of someone's head all game.

Draft saved Draft deleted