1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Should I Go With My Marriott Points?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sly, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Sly

Sly Active Member

So I finally have enough Marriott points to do some real damage (about 150K) and am thinking of planning a trip this upcoming year. I'd like to solicit some ideas of what I could do with that amount and would like to see if anyone had any tips for maximizing the points' value. I'd preferably like to go somewhere warm with a lot of sand. I'd like to spend as little as my own money as possible. Thanks in advance and let the ideas start flowing ...

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hear Oakland, Calif., is a beautiful place. ...

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I hear Iraq's beautiful in the winter. It fits your requirements too. Warm, with lots of sand.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Just go to Hawaii and write SportsJournalists.com a postcard.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Watch your Marriott Rewards flyers; they sometimes put together pretty good deals for points to resorts or places they're trying to showcase.

Marriott points are worth less and less, though. So many of their desirable properties are either blacked out for awards use or require "stay anytime" points (read: twice as many points). I had 200,000 points to spend on a trip to Europe recently, but I couldn't get in anywhere except one airport hotel.

Draft saved Draft deleted