1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where should I eat and drink in Richmond VA this weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Slated for January.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Devil 93's for seafood.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

That place is only open Saturday's on meat-free Friday during Lent.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Tiger, it sounds like you're from Tennessee. Are you a Titans fan? If so, you might want to hit up Tarrant's West just for the name.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Never been to Richmond but friends of mine swear by Mekong, for both the food and the outstanding beer list.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Richmond has really changed since I was there obviously, much for the better, (in the days of Lum's down by the Biograph Theater, and Parker Field) but are places like Sam Miller's, Tortilla Flats, the Pass, Villa Pizza, Strawberry Street Cafe, etc., still even open? Going downtown when the Slip had just started was always a lot of fun.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Strawberry Street is still around.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Pass? Good lord, it HAS been a while hasn't it?

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

All I know is when the Bottoms Up out in Glen Allen closed, I quit volunteering to go to the Virginia Press Association seminars.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mekong is very good, and The Answer Brewpub next door won some big time awards for its in-house brews at the Virginia Craft Brewers Fest. (Best in show, I think, for their IPA.)

Went to Pearl's happy hour last night. Wasn't impressed by the beer selection. Pig and Pearl on Broad has quickly become one of my favorite spots. I've not had Peter Chang but I've eaten at his brother's spot in Lynchburg/Forest, Andy Chang. Outstanding authentic Chinese. I've yet to experience Edo, but my friends swear by it. I'd love to help more but I've lived in RVA for all of 10 days now so I'm still learning it myself.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've eaten at both Peter Chang restaurants in Charlottesville multiple times. I can't imagine you'd regret trying any place he's opened.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Most definitely.

Bus and Ned's has good ribs.

Draft saved Draft deleted