1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is the You Tube debate thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, Jul 23, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

What a mess. But I'd still like to hear from the Kool-Aid drinkers.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What happened?

3. HejiraHenry

Well, the first problem I have is that not all of the candidates got a chance to answer all of the questions. I would have liked to have heard HRC explain how her daughter got her sex education ... and whether proper terminology was used in the process.

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

too many people on stage to have a good debate. again, obama proves he's a useless orator when he's off the stump

5. Really? I think Clinton is far worse than him. She won't answer ANYTHING (much like Bill). I read someone - David Maraniss maybe? - once say that Bill was the most frustrating interview subject he's ever had, and she's got to be the same way. Someone in the NY Times the other day expressed frustration that she wouldn't even answer a question about whether the debate field is too crowded at this point.

Among the major candidates, Edwards comes off the best in this setting.

I don't understand why Clinton and Obama are so averse to answering questions - Obama's ideas are so well articulated in "Audacity of Hope," as Hillary's are in "Living History."

Giuliani would eat either for lunch right now if they take this wishy-washy tact into the general election debates. They better work on this between now and then, or risk blowing a major, major, major opportunity in history.

6. HejiraHenry

it's worth scratching around to find Edwards' YouTube viddy called "Hair," with images juxtaposed with the song from the hippie musical. Quite clever.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

So the answer to the question, I guess, is, "here." Why is it that 90 percent of the "where is the political blah-blah-blah thread?" threads are started by jagoff righties on here?

8. HejiraHenry

Rather than take offense -- I am, by nature, an anarchist -- I'll just say it's for the same reason 90 percent of the Ann Coulter/Rush Limbaugh/Dick Cheney threads are started by our loony lefty friends.

I just figured such a momentous occasion, judging from the CNN hype, would have merited a thread.

Maybe everybody was watching over at DailyKos instead.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought the questions were pretty good. The candidates' videos were hit and miss. The serious one bombed while the humorous ones (Dodd, Richardson) scored. Hillary's was lame, she should have re-run her Sopranos takeoff.
    I would have had a candidate talk about their issues while dumping Mentos in a coke bottle.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Keep grinding that axe.

11. HejiraHenry

Damn, that's a good idea. I may run for governor.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You've got my vote all locked up, so long as all your campaign ads are lolcats.

Draft saved Draft deleted