1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is Robert Klein?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

He was one of the smartest stand-ups, he had radio and TV shows, he acted, he wrote a book, was an exceptional talk show guest.

Haven't seen him anywhere in what seems like years. I guess he's probably pushing 70 now, which may have something to do with it.

Anyone know if he's still working?
  2. Double J

Double J Active Member

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Seems like I was surfing recently (within the last 4 months) and saw what appeared to be a fairly recent Robert Klein special.

I couldn't hit the button quickly enough, but there it was.
  4. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

His memoir (The Amorous Busboy of Decatur Avenue) was quite a good read.
  5. shockey

shockey Active Member

he was in "reign over me" in 2007. what, you still expect to see him on the standup circuit at 67 ??? ??? ???
  6. Smasher_Sloan

I wouldn't expect him to play the Des Moines Funny Bone on a random Friday, but Newhart and Cosby still perform in upscale venues in bigger cities.
  7. shockey

shockey Active Member

maybe they need the money? ::) ::) ::)
  8. Smasher_Sloan

I'm sure that's it. Why else would you take bookings at a dump like Carnegie Hall?
  9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I saw Cosby when he played my hometown a couple years ago...much closer to the Des Moines Funny Bone than an upscale venue in a bigger city. I was shocked he was there.
  10. Smasher_Sloan

Here's Cosby's schedule:

Draft saved Draft deleted