1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where have you gone Brooks Bollinger: Week 5 CFB running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Sep 27, 2009.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

That makes sense.

(And if that's the case, the spotter should be fired).

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's slightly easier to believe when you remember that the two truly dominant teams have been LSU and Florida. Florida, obviously, has only made that one trip to Athens, and with the rotational schedule, LSU has made only one this decade -- and makes only one every five years.

Alabama was No. 8 last year and wasn't very good the previous time it came up on the rotation. Auburn's really strong years were 04 and 06, and those happened to be years Georgia went to the Plains.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And I believe the only reason UF played there was because the Gator Bowl was undergoing renovations and the WLOCP was played as a home-and-home for two years.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I was at that game and I was one of the few remaining in the stands after halftime. Florida beat the shit out of Georgia and didn't let up in the fourth quarter. Might have been the most satisfying regular-season win of Spurrier's career.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

but the cocks just beat no. 4 ole miss! ;)

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Correct. Spurrier took great joy in becoming the first coach to hang 'half a hundred' on Georgia in Sanford.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I like....

Alabama laying 17 at Kentucky
    Indiana catching 16 at Ohio State
    Houston laying 16 and a hook at UTEP.

8. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Isn't Indiana at home?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Songbird

indiana is at home.

good pick, sonner, on houston, unless they start reading the newspaper and think they don't even have to show up against the miners.

that's what i think could happen with the hokies at duke.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. Indiana is at home. My bad.

I think you're right about VT, Xan. I think it'll be close in the first half with VT pulling away and winning by 2 TDs. Wasn't it something like 14-3 or 14-10 last year? Letdown game for sure, but I don't think they lose.

Houston should demolish UTEP.

11. Songbird

Hawaii is at La. Tech ... tomorrow.

College football on Wednesday? I can only assume it's on ESPN.

Monday I can live with. Thursday, too. Even Friday. But Wednesday night college football?

12. Football (college or pro) seven days a week, from Sept. to Jan., should be required by law.

Draft saved Draft deleted