1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where have you gone Brooks Bollinger: Week 5 CFB running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Albuquerque, My Albuquerque!

Wait, the Lobos lost to the Aggies on Saturday? That is SAD!

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

4. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

6. Didn't that happen in a Eddie Murphy movie?

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

An episode of Monk, for sure.

8. Now that I think about it was a John Candy movie ... Armed and Dangerous maybe?

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Hard to believe this stat: Last time Georgia beat a top-5 team in Athens was when Kevin Butler kicked one a hundred thousand miles* to beat then-No. 2 Clemson in 1984.

Even harder to believe is this one: There have only been three top-5 teams to visit Athens since then. Tech in 1990, Florida in 1995, Tennessee in 1998. All three, by the way, played for the national title that year.

*-Distance of field goal may have been exaggerated.

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Obvious first thought: I hope Johnson is okay.

But I'm curious about this accident. Dude had a spotter, the bar "slipped" and landed on his throat?

(I'm in NO WAY implying anything below the belt here. I just am having trouble imagining how you can be benching with a spotter and have the bar slip and land on your throat. Just seems weird).

11. Songbird

It really is hard to believe that considering the SEC's dominance the last 10 years. You'd think one of the conference foes would've come to Athens ranked in the top 5.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just a guess here, but maybe he was finishing a set and re-racking the bar. He thought the spotter had it, the spotter obviously didn't have it, Johnson let go and ... boom.

Draft saved Draft deleted