1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where have all the red Starburst gone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Nov 9, 2009.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

nope

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You should be. Buttered Popcorn jelly belies were hideous. (I'm not sure why I capitalized it that way).

3. bwright

bwright Member

You just blew my mind a little. I do a similar thing, except I eat the reds/purples first, then oranges/yellows, and I give away the greens (Somehow I convinced the fiancee that greens were her favorite).

Actually, sometimes I eat everything but the reds/purples and then eat them together.

My sister-in-law shows favoritism to M&Ms colors. She swears the green ones are the best, and won't eat the brown ones.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

It's Red by a mile. Got one of those two packs the other day, and it was Red-Red. Felt like I had won the lotto.

Any of youse out there who don't want your Reds, just let me know and we can work out an arrangement to send them my way. Can offer a very good exchange rate on Yellows, by the way.

Gotta think there's a Candyland/Dominos type game that could be made up using these 2 packs. The winner would get all the Starburst of course. or at least all the Reds.

And to any earlier comment, Dots do not move through your digestive tract. Ever. Ask anyone who's ever done an autopsy.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

There is a new big bag of Starburst called FaveReds, containing Red (cherry) Pink (Strawberry) Maroon (fruit punch) and another kind of red.

So in the words of Rodney King, "can't we all just get along?"

Oh and skittles should be eaten thusly: purple, red, yellow, then green.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

M&M's: Brown, orange, yellow, green, blue, red.

The last two can be interchangeable. Always two at a time, same color. If there's an odd number of a color, the last one gets eaten alone. Never mix colors. I'm an M&M segregationist!

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

There are two of you, you know. A friend of mine had a status update a few weeks ago that she was delighted that her bag of M&Ms had come out evenly or some such.

Loons. :)

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The thread title was supposed to be a Pete Seeger reference.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Strawberry everything is better than Cherry anything.

Pink is better than red.

10. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

This. Except for the Skittles. Who cares in what order they are et? Grab a handful, throw 'em down.

But the new red only Starburst packs are amazing.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Jeez, they only switched Opal Fruits in 1998. I'm not freakin' Spnited!

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I caught it!

Draft saved Draft deleted