1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where have all the red Starburst gone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Jelly Belly must drive you crazy then

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Starbursts did a number on my teeth back in the day. Nothing beats having a crown ripped off by chewing one of those suckers.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Am I the only one who loves the buttered popcorn one?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You couldn't pay me enough to eat Jelly Bellies.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

That is an absolute tragedy. Jelly Bellies ROCK.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know, growing up, what are called Starburst here were called Opal Fruits.

Of course, eventually they changed the name to conform to the American name, just like Snickers bars were originally called Marathon bars.

7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

My nutritionist has only two never-eat-this-junk on her list: anything with red dye, and microwave popcorn.

She predicts both will be banned by the FDA within the next decade.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dammit, you used to be cool, Ginger. The one day every two years or so I eat Starburst, and want to savor the red ones, I'm going to think about some unnamed nutrionist and wondering what possible deadly maladies are set to come.

Microwave popcorn does suck, though. I love my air popper.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The making of microwave popcorn in an office setting should be an offense punishable by summary execution.

Furthermore, pink Starburst are in no way the best Starburst. Of the four main flavors, they are the least tasty and the least delicious. Orange and yellow offer a little tart tangy goodness, and red is the taste sensation pink only dreams of being. Pink may be the younger sister who outshines her older sibling in the early going, but slow and steady wins the race. Pink just ends up settling for a menial job and a slightly overweight husband.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I second the motion.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

With a codicil that the burning of microwave popcorn in an office setting be an offense punishable by summary execution ... by badgers.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Then you tied an onion to your belt, because that was the style in those days, and told them, "Give me five bees for a quarter," right?

Draft saved Draft deleted