1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does Brady rank?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Feb 2, 2015.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'd probably go third behind Montana and Elway. I'm certainly not going to argue with someone who puts him No. 2.

I can't put anyone ahead of Montana. Brady himself said he's not at Montana's level last week.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'll be curious to see what he says after he retires. It seems like guys typically defer to prior greats while they are still playing, then begin to assert their status more aggressively once their body of work is complete.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Laughable in that he has four Super Bowl rings, is a two-time Super Bowl MVP and is in the Hall of Fame.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Agreed. Montana was also Brady's favorite player as a kid, so that adds into it as well. When Elway retired, he said he wasn't sure where he would rank, but was sure he was behind Montana.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Tarheel, Take the Steel Curtain defense, Franco Harris and Lynn Swann and John Stalworth and make Kenny Anderson, or say someone like Jim Hart, the QB of the Steelers during that period instead of Bradshaw. In your opinion, how would that have changed the success the Steelers had?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Laughable that you're that much of a simpleton, but we all know that.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's not capable of critical thinking

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

My response was more about the word laughable that JC used.

I understand what you're getting at. The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, so I get it.

But at the same time I don't think they win four Super Bowls with Anderson or Hart. It's a hypothetical with those two as examples but four Super Bowls? Maybe two. Bradshaw made a lot of big time plays in his career.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My favourite hot take is that Brady lost 2

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A list that had QBs you would want for a 16-game regular season is much different than a list of QBs you would want for a Super Bowl.

Reg season would have Manning and Marino, but a Super Bowl list might include Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.

Draft saved Draft deleted