1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where do you play the Bob Knight "slap" story

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ace, Nov 14, 2006.

?

Bob Knight slaps/teaches a player. Where does it go in the paper?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2006.
  1. A-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Prominent on sports front

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Low on sports front

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Inside sports

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Brief at best

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Sorry, I left out the helmet.

2. Mark

Mark Member

On the subject......

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=AnzO8xjpzEl6.au31d_PP7A5nYcB?slug=dw-espn111406&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Not exactly breaking news to most of us, but an interesting read.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Knight popped the kid in the chin. Hard. He could have just said "look at me." He popped him instead.

Once, just once, I'd like to see a player pop Knight back. Slug him. Hard.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wow. That's the shortest post Alma's ever written. He must be really riled up.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ace,

Oh, I think Knight's one of the great villains of modern sports. A bully, a misogynist, a cretin, a crybaby, an oaf. I especially appreciated the TV analysis yesterday: This player knew what he was getting into when he signed with Knight. That's like saying a girl in short dress should expect men to sexually assault her.

Look at Knight's track record of abuse. He's a classic abuser: He doesn't bully the people he could care less about, or the people who'd shove it right back in his face - he bullies people close to him. His son. His secretary. Some of his harding-working, best-behaved players. And now this kid, apparently one of Knight's favorites. Thing is - Knight wouldn't pop every player on that team. He pops the guy he knows will suffer it. He's calculated. He knows exactly what's doing, and is unapologetic about it.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree. 100 percent.

And he only seems to bestow his friendship and favors on toadies.

Draft saved Draft deleted