1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where do you go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Mar 25, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Lisbon and Amsterdam.

2. Have you been to Lisbon? I've heard mixed things about it.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I'd find a small fishing town in Ireland, rent a cabin on the water and drink Guinness all day long.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Haven't been, but it's where my grandparents came over from. I still have some family over there.

5. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

My flight to Madrid leaves Sunday morning, so Saturday's Dodgers-Giants game might be the last one I enjoy before death.

It's not really my style to worry about a damn thing, but I made a list of more than 30 ways I could die over there, from drinking myself into a stupor and running with the bulls in Pamplona next week to fighting back and not relinquishing money when somebody tries to mug me.

Am I just being helllla paranoid?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You're running the encierro!?! Damn, I am jealous.

Don't be paranoid. You'll be fine. Hungover, bruised, tired, every bone aching. You'll love it.

7. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

$10,000? Looks like I'll be going to Europe to attend every metal fest over the summer.

8. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Yes.

Worry can be paralyzing. Do you want to look back and what you can pat yourself on the back for is how careful you were?

This is the trip you will tell others about for years. What do you want those anecdotes to be?

Now go make that happen. And revel.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Skibbereen.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Great post. You really should enjoy Morocco, if you go. Marrakesh is awesome. I've heard Casablanca and Rabat aren't as cool as Fez, although the latter is a very traditional place and would best be enjoyed once you've learned the culture a bit. For some reason, I have a minor obsession with going to Sidi Ifni.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did you just watch Brewster's Millions or something?

Draft saved Draft deleted