1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did Jeff Passan come from?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SuperflySnuka, Aug 17, 2007.

1. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

I heard he once pooped a hammer.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I heard he's in the running for the Martinsville job.

3. All right, Syracuse inside jokes! I love these threads!

In all seriousness, I haven't read much by the guy, even though I'm a seamhead. I'll try to start.

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

To Brasky!!!!

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've gotten to know Jeff this year. I'm tempted to say "Great kid" but that would sound a little condescending. He is young for as advanced as he is, but he's damn good and a good guy, too, so I'll say "Great guy" instead.

He's dropped into my town a couple of times this year and I was stunned to find out how young he is. Carries himself like a real pro.

6. 212areacode

212areacode Member

Eric Prisbell, Adrian Wojonarowski, Katz, Canzano, John Branch, Jeff Passan... another in the line of Fresno Bee products. What the hell is the Bee doing that nobody else is doing?

7. Vaughn McClure, too, Chicago Tribune Bears beat writer.

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Losing good people.

9. JD Canon

JD Canon Guest

hiring good people.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

... Then losing them. But in fairness few great writers would be satisfied staying in Fresno without very strong ties to the community.

11. JD Canon

JD Canon Guest

true. but also in fairness, the same could be said for any midmajor college town with no pro sports. fresno's better than most, and the bee has had very smart people doing the hiring in the past decade-plus.

Draft saved Draft deleted