1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did Jeff Passan come from?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SuperflySnuka, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I don't know if he's the one who comes up with ALL of his story ideas, but they're always interesting and worth reading.

2. He's not writing for you, he's writing for yahoo's readers. They probably couldn't care less whether he's floating around and dropping himself into stories. Whether he's irrelevent to you means nothing to anyone but you.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Totally agree. And as for the "everybody knows the conigliaro story by rote" line ... that's just nonsense. Worlds away from being true.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You're no bspolice, but you have a point.

5. montepulcianoman

montepulcianoman New Member

Here are five things you don't know about Jeff. Four are true. Can anyone guess which four?

1. He has a gigantic ass
    2. His sister showers at 3 a.m.
    3. Once, he ran naked through the piazza in a small Italian town, screaming, "The British are coming!"
    4. The man is a gourmet chef
    5. He once had his own theme song

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

7. Sly

Sly Active Member

I know that #4 is true. Passan once cooked montepulcianoman a heaping plate of - uh, sniff - Spaghetti Red.

8. 35in44

35in44 Member

I also know No. 4 is true. His risotto is excellent and he can make a mean hamburger.

Plus, his guacamole is better than Chipotle, which is saying something.

No. 1 is also true. Anyone who has seen him waddle around a pressbox will tell you that. Saying that, he is also one of the best reads out there right now and an even better person when he's not giving out one of his trademark "Passanisms."

9. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

he better be able to bring it with the risotto because i like to think i can make a tasty batch - many different ways. in fact, when i open my restaurant in my dream world (or novel), the place will serve a variety of risotto dishes.

he's more than welcome to apply for the chef de cuisine job.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

It's better that he has a gigantic ass instead of BEING a gigantic ass.

11. rogue48

rogue48 New Member

Jeff Passan is the son of former Plain Dealer sports writer, Rich Passan (now retired)

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Makes complete sense, since he was raised around Cleveland.

Draft saved Draft deleted