1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did Jeff Passan come from?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SuperflySnuka, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Being from the West Coast and relatively young (or a baby, next to some of you old timers javascript:void(0);
    Wink), I've only recently started reading Jeff Passan's work. I feel like he came out of nowhere -- though, with some research, turns out he was at the KC Star for a while.

He seems pretty young in his Yahoo! mug though...

Either way, damn, I love his writing. His story today on the ghosts of Tony C. haunting Jack Hamilton 40 years later was damned good. GREAT ending...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AmOfnioVd.Xw_pQS3fe.fSs5nYcB?slug=jp-hamilton081707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. Jim_Carty

Jim_Carty Member

He's previously worked for The Fresno Bee and The Kansas City Star. Syracuse grad.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much, the share a special hug and ... the man takes ... and the woman ... um ... go ask your mother.

4. I don't know what you're talking about. I was conceived through osmosis. Or maybe it was spontaneuous combustion...

5. I read Passan's piece this morning and almost posted it, but then I read David Steele's column on the Offerman Incident and posted it instead.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's pretty fucking good there's no question about that...

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Since he signed on with Yahoo!, I've ready every piece of his. He's by far my favorite columnist. He gives a fresher attitude, and he continues to pump out great research pieces like today's.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dude is awesome. just awesome

9. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

There's no way he's even 30. Man is he good.

10. You see, Snuka, there are birds and there are bees and well...yeah, go ask your mother.

11. losttowake

losttowake New Member

He also interned at The Washington Post, where George Solomon told him he better find a magazine writing job, because he couldn't write for newspapers for sh*t.

12. Rainer_Sabin

Rainer_Sabin New Member

He writes with a flourish. It's evident from reading his work that he enjoys the craft. He finds interesting stories that would keep even the most casual baseball fan's eyes glued to the screen. And, of course, he has a way with words. He always seems to use the right ones. A great writer is somebody who produces outstanding material every time. He does.

Draft saved Draft deleted