1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are your loyalties?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 3, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Pepsi.

That's really the only one.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Also, SportsJournalists.com is the only Internet message board I post on.

3. imjustagirl

Lucky us?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Lucky for those who have "a raging platonic crush" on me, at least.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm lucky that way.

Wait ... what?

6. imjustagirl

HE'S MY KOOL-AID. THAT WAS MY LINE HE WAS QUOTING.

Y'all can go fight over dooley.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Y'all sure do know how to make a boy feel special.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I tend not to be a tremendously brand-loyal person, but there are a few.

Cars: Honda. I've owned several brands of cars, and have had lots of problems with many. My two Hondas are a combined 37 years old and have 350K miles on them and still purr like kittens. One I'd never buy again is a Ford, just because I've never liked how the cars feel -- they drive way too tight.

Clothes: Polo-brand polo shirts. There's a subtly clean look to them (there's a fine line between a polo shirt that looks good and one that's ugly), but they also feel softer (cheaper brands feel scratchy) and they last forever. I never pay full-price for them, either.

Fast food: I haven't been there post-controversy (but have no qualms with them), but if there's a Chick-Fil-A in the area and we're grabbing fast food, we eat there. I like the food, my wife likes the fact that they are somewhat clean, pleasant and treat you like a human being. My kid likes the play area. If there's not, we hit McD's because my wife likes the tea.

Pizza: There's an Indy-area chain called Chicago's that serves a solid deep dish & breadsticks.

9. Ford - it's a family thing that goes way back. I drive one as a way to honor my dad ... my current '98 Explorer just topped 250k miles.

Coke - local pride and it tastes better.

Apple - for the cool factor! Seriously, love the iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone etc. I'm a member of the cult.

Amazon - Been with them since the early days. Always check their price before I buy anywhere else - most likely they're cheaper and I'll have the item in two days, sans the sales tax (at least for a little while longer here in GA)

Cafe du Monde coffee - Had it in NOLA 20 years ago, forgot about it until recently. Turns out Amazon sells it, it's in the same ballpark price-wise as Eight O'Clock and Trader Joe's (previous favorites). Love this stuff - the chicory is probably the difference - either way, can't see going to another brand any time soon.

My alma mater - love the school, met the wife there, would give them money if I had any!

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm sure that goes over well where you live... :D

11. imjustagirl

I almost shit myself with joy when I saw all the Pepsi in Vegas. I know exactly where I can go in Atlanta to get Pepsi ... and I know where to avoid.

Even the McDonald's here in Vegas sell Pepsi!!!

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

New Balance (have wider sizes) and Wrangler jeans.
    Always wanted to "Buy American" on cars, but when I bought some parts for my '78 Camaro, they were made in Canada. Then when I got married, my wife had a Honda. It was made in Mississippi, so it's not a big deal anymore.
    (Note to Redneck: My current '00 Explorer, the last year of the too-skinny ones, passed 190k this week. I would be very happy if it reached 250k).

Draft saved Draft deleted