1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are your loyalties?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Well, you do see him/her enough. I kid. I kid.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL!

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

That's why I'm a fan. I'm a pretty big dude. Nike's fall apart. Converse stay together, but the arch is gone in weeks. But I buy my K-Swiss, size 14's, and they hold up for a year at least. (And that's with nearly daily wear.) Plus, I just find them comfortable as hell.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce. Accept no substitutes.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Longest lasting relationship you've ever had?

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Don't have to worry about CFA up here. Have never had it before, although I have family from the states that loves it. Honestly, there are so many companies out their that are embarrassing for one thing or another, whether it is their owners' beliefs or lack of morals, their child labour force, their tax evasion, their embezzlement scandals, environmental record, their effect on small and local businesses, etc. etc. that you narrow down your choices a hell of a lot, just to try to have a clean conscience. I go by how I'm treated on a local level and the value of that product or service with the dollars I spend.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

When you say work do you mean past tense? Because I have a bone to pick with Pepsi for getting rid of Pepsi Blue, aka the greatest soda in the history of modern times.

I would kill for that product to be back on the market place.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My dad is retired so you can't blame him.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Diet Mountain Dew
    Nike athletic shoes
    Adidas casual shoes
    Lands End polos
    Nautica cologne
    Gold Toe socks
    Honda automobiles

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... Nikes have treated me very well. In fact, I've been wearing them for roughly 20 years because my wide feet blew out the sides of three consecutive pairs of Reeboks (feet aren't 14s ... not quite that big, but I'm not a big guy, either). And I like my Nikes the way Ford liked its Model Ts.

Lands End polos are also growing on me ...

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Liked the polos better when they were less than 20 bucks, but still love them. And Nike has always been a good athletic shoe for me, though I don't play much tennis. Reebok is a shit shoe, and adidas look good, but they aren't good athletic shoes for me either.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Mine are listed here: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/89297/

Draft saved Draft deleted