1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are your loyalties?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 3, 2012.

1. So you have certain companies and products you boycott ... Which companies and products do stick to in terms of brand loyalty?

Off the top of my head I can think of two:
    Ford.
    Gateway.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Gateway...computers?

3. Yeah... Granted I haven't bought one in a few years.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Interesting. Didn't realize they still made computers.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Coke. And only Coke.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

crack or powder?

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Levi's

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Given a choice, I support union companies, fair trade products and I try to buy locally -- as close to home as possible.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You know, I was with you here until I tried on a pair of Lucky's. No WAY a pair of jeans can be worth that kind of money. And they're not, not for jeans. But you can find them on sale and at outlets for about half the price and the fit is ridiculous. The slogan ought to be, "Lucky Jeans - we fit all types including fatasses."

So now I have Levis and Lucky's in my jeans pile.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Brand names - New Balance

Locally, there are several independent farms where we buy all our meat, especially Thatcher Farms. I'm also loyal to some of our independent local retailers, etc, particularly the local coffee shop. I'll choose them over any of the chains.

11. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

My dad has his own personal Pepsi boycott going. Whenever he's at a restaurant and orders a Diet Coke, and the server asks, "Is Diet Pepsi all right?" he says, "No," and asks for water instead. It's not that he's anti-Pepsi per se, it's that he's against the fact that so many restaurants have made deals to serve only Pepsi products. To further his point, he says (and he's a recovering alcoholic), he can order several kinds of beer, including from competing companies, but he can't do the same with pop. Sadly, I don't think the message ever goes beyond the person taking his order.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On the Coke-Pepsi issue, I am Coke. Period. Of course, I only have maybe six or seven Cokes a year. When it's really hot, they're tough to beat.
    Pumas are my sneaker of choice.
    Callaway golf clubs, thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted