1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are they now? - baseball edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seabasket, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Darren Daulton: freak

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Found another one yesterday in the annual search for local baseball players in college.

Terry Puhl is starting up a new baseball program at the University of Houston-Victoria.

3. donaugust

donaugust Member

Those who can't do ...

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I thought Puhl was a broker.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Hey, the stock market is a form of gambling, you know.

And I am so glad I now know where Andy Fox is. :)

6. Garner

Garner Member

I thought Steve Sax was serving multiple life sentences because he had commited every unsolved murder in New York City.

Sadly, I had a Todd Van Poppel rookie card when I was 11 and thought it would someday make me rich. I probably still have it somewhere, current value: $0.07.

7. Does anyone know if Joes Lind is still naked in a chicken coop in Florida? Or has he moved on to bigger and better things? Like maybe working a gloryhole in the bathroom of a Go-Mart in Paducah Ky.?

Where are they now: Sid Bream?

Where he is I'm sure he is still grinning from ear to ear saying to himself: I can't believe I scored.

8. boots

boots New Member

Baseball is a weird game. For some unexplainable reason, guys who were awful hitters become the best hitting coaches. Go figure.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But that's not true, because Brook is a hitting co....never mind.

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

You had just one? I had several - as in more than 10. I thought they would be my early retirement fund.

Draft saved Draft deleted