1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are the apologies from the Dubya?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

OK, you lost me there.

Great way to start out a post and give it some legitimacy.

You lost twice to this guy, let it go

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It is a cold, hard fact.

Not up for interpretation.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Watch how easy this is:

The sky is green.
    It is a cold, hard fact.
    Not up for interpretation.

More proof that there's jackasses on both sides.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I didn't know that Disney still printed Fantasyland tickets.

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

What he said.

I don't get it either. I'll never get it. Please ... tell me what it is, except dumb, blind loyalty. I am honestly bewildered by the people who still support this incredible travesty despite everything that's out there. Please ... help me understand it. It makes no sense. I've been reading this board for a long time and I truly don't get some of you. I don't understand the world you live in.

Sorry to hijack your thoughts, Dog. I've been searching and I can't come up with anything.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Duane... You're not alone.

I've been trying to figure this out for years and am still searching for the answer as to why people are so willing to buy into this clusterf##* to the exclusion of their own self-interest and their country's self-interest.

Thomas Frank's book "What's the Matter With Kansas" tried answering this. It could only answer so much because after all, people are people.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Full disclosure: LJB was a long snapper on a 1-9 football team. I can still hit a cup of coffee if you rest it on a tree stump.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The people in Kansas are wondering why the pseudo intellectual class is so out of touch with middle America.

A good place to start looking for your answers is the timeless Maslow Hierarchy of Needs.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Boom, where did Maslow have the need not to live near gay people?

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Take a bow, man.

Tuesday can't get here soon enough.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's not going to be all pizza and lemonade next Tuesday, but a number of facilitators
    of prevailing atrocities are going to be retired . . . and ain't it just too damn bad?

12. markvid

markvid Guest

For the record, markvid wanted to be a WR, but Mark Foley insisted I become a TE.

Draft saved Draft deleted