1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are the apologies from the Dubya?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Paste-eating time has commenced, I see.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

School's out for the day, apparently.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Tuesday.....Tuesday....the rats are scattered.....

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Kennedy brainwashed you dweebs long before Bush came along with a scrub brush....

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

By all means, continue.

6. Yummy paste. Yummy. Yummy.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Now THAT'S a way to start a thread when you're looking for meaningful political discourse.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're a bitter little person, aren't you?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Not at all. They call me Peaches in the office.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

In the interest of full disclosure: PoO was an OLB and a DE

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I just don't get the people who are STILL standing up for this administration. What would they legitimately need to do to lose you people? Sleep with your wives? Kick your dogs?

'Cause they've pretty much done everything else to piss you off. Nothing they've touched hasn't turned to absolute shit. The war, the economy, foreign relations, domestic relations -- all of it gone to absolute hell over the last six years. Just look at what you all spend your days here arguing. You're never trying to convince any of us that something these asshats has done is good for the country, only that it's not as bad as we're making it out to be or that a Democrat probably would've been just as bad.

And you come back day after day, scandal after embarrassing scandal, felony after felony and consistently defend these jackoffs as if they were your parents or some shit. I just don't get it.

Yeah, my preferences led me to give these corrupt bastards less leeway than you all did, but still, dammit, look around you. Look at what you've been forced to defend -- pedophilia, illegal wiretaps, the outing of a CIA agent, an illegal, mismanaged war, oil company profits, a budget deficit so large people have stopped counting, the pandering to religious nuts, the consistent embarrassment that is your president speaking in public, the dirty lobbyists, the crooked corporate hacks, the killing of thousands of Americans, the incompetent people in important positions, the complete failure to manage a national catastrophe, the invasion of privacy on so many levels.

And yet, here you are, still defending these failures, still trying to convince us all that we shouldn't believe our own eyes. And worst of all, you're still hoping and praying that come next Tuesday, nothing will change and we'll get to continue on for at least two more years with this shit.

Well, blow me. Every single one of you. Yeah, I hope the Democrats take control of Congress next Tuesday. Not so I can come in here and jump up and down and act as though I've somehow scored some big victory. But because maybe, just sonofabitchin' maybe, some of this bullshit can be fixed, or at the very least, not made worse.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I think if you'd pay attention you'd see how few people (at least at SportsJournalists.com) are still fully supporting the current administration. Of course, I guess anything short of calling for the immediate crucifixtion of the president is considered inadequate for many here. I won't bother searching for the particular thread (I'm guessing it's the Kerry thread), but someone claimed to be an independent and they got reamed because "that's what all the Republicans are saying now." or something like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted