1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are my f'n pictures (rant)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Precious Roy, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'll make this a short rant, I just need to vent a moment.

We have to send our pictures to the back for the guys that actually have the program to do the Photoshop work.
    I have been in the office for, no kidding, five hours laying out the section.
    Eight pages, one out. I'd have at least three more out if the damn photo guy would come in and do his job!
    (I have to take a deep breath and sigh that this is the situation we are in)
    They are supposed to be in around 8, which is my understanding. It is now 9:30 and the guy in the back is nowhere to be found.
    I know the way to settle the situation would be to have Photoshop on my rig and let me handle it... Things would go MUCH faster... However, the powers-that-be are VERY against it for some reason.

Does anyone else here have to deal with this kind of crap!!!! :mad:

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

If you would outsource the job to India, the photos would be waiting for you tomorrow morning.

3. Precious Roy

The way things are looking, I think I'd get my pictures back faster.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fuck,send me the pics. I'll have them back to you in 15 mins. I have PhotoShop at home.

5. Precious Roy

Got them at around 9:45, I now can calm down a bit... I've sent the pages and am just waiting for the copy to fill the other holes and will be done... Thanks for listening.

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

I think a lot of papers do it that way, and most have one guy or gal who seems to take forever. I'm guessing this isn't the first time this has happened.

7. Precious Roy

Ohhhhh yes, every Friday. We're a PM M-F, and an AM on Saturday.... Friday night is the worst, it rotates through three guys, and tonight is the slow one.

I just want Photoshop so I can do it fast.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Glad everything worked out reasonably OK, but am I the only one who read this thread title and thought of the famous Casey Kasem bootleg?

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

"Don't give me these (*&(*&(*&ing upbeat songs right after a little girl says her dog died!"

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

http://www.audiocomedy.net/broadcast/kasem.shtml

Add before someone bitches: Don't play this at work.

11. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Thanks. That never gets old. :D

The part about wanting a 'goddamned concerted effort' is tremendous. I know it's not sports, but to me it's right up there with the Elia and Lasorda rants.

Draft saved Draft deleted