1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When's the NFL schedule getting released?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

For me it's important based on my heavy fall business traveling schedule. Since this is my first year to have season tickets to the Texans, I would love to know which weekends I will be catching a red-eye back to Houston on a Saturday night in order to be at the game on time Sunday. Not an earth-shattering reason. Just so I can plan my business travels.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rumors swirl: Browns @ Eagles on Thanksgiving nite

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Oooooooooooo, I can't wait!
    If the Turkey dinner hasn't put you to sleep, that sure will.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Usually, spnited, your anti-NFL rants are tiresome. But that was funny.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

It's out.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Ho hum.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Interesting that NFL Network games will start in early November now instead of Thanksgiving night. And it's up to eight games. The kicker is there is only one Saturday night game, Week 16 between Baltimore and Dallas. All others are Thursday night games.

8. MileHigh

Super Bowl teams Giants and Patriots on Monday night only once each.
    The Monday night schedule appears to be underwhelming.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Who wants to buy some Buccaneers at Packers tix?

$1,000 apiece.

10. MileHigh

Not quite. Cardinals at Eagles on Thanksgiving night.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Could be worse. When the Redskins hosted the Packers a few years ago, it was the first time since at least the George Allen era that Green Bay played on the road against Washington. The previous meetings in the '80s and '90s (and perhaps in the '00s) were at Lambeau Field.

They should have had Brett Favre bring his butt to RFK more than just an ill-fated playoff appearance with the Falcons after the 1991 season.

12. MileHigh

The new formula is good. Teams play every team in the conference at least once every three years. Teams play every team in the conference at home at least once every six years. Teams play every team in the league at least once every four years. Teams play every team in the league at home at least once every eight years. As someone else mentioned, it takes away the quirks that had Elway and Marino meet like three times in their career.

Draft saved Draft deleted