1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When your dog dies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Jun 16, 2009.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I can't believe I am writing this, but SB is a fighter: nothing but good news this morning!
    Her red blood cell count is stable and her new red blood cell production is almost off the charts!
    She is lively and active and they are happy with what they saw. We still have months of meds to work on, but today was a positive start. Another test Monday, but it's been a good day.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, that is FANTASTIC NEWS!! So happy for you guys, spike! Keep it up, SB!

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Great to hear, spike.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your Soozie 93. We lost our other dog, Geneo, about 2 years ago to lymphoma (he was 17) and now that we are going through this IMHA disease with SB, it brought back all the bad thoughts.
    I had to remember we had him for 7 great years (we adopted him at 10 when his owners gave up on him). He had a UTI, fungus in between his toes and 12 rotten teeth. We got him fixed up and he was one of the most loyal dogs I've ever seen, SB learned a lot from him in the few years they were together.
    Lots of tears reading this thread, but it's been good therapy. Thanks all!

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

SB rocks!! tremendous lift for everyone around here, spike! we'll keep our prayers coming!!

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Your dogs are lucky to have you as their owner/father/mother. You enjoyed the time you had with them, and that is a true gift. You also cared to them when they needed cared for.

Draft saved Draft deleted