1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you really don't want a baby ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Apr 22, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Didn't really think this belonged on the "female trouble thread" ...

So the mrs and I were at the local home improvement store when we run into a former coworker of hers. Coworker had her husband and their adopted son with her, and during the course of the conversation, it comes out that a.) the child was a meth baby and b.) his mother had had 10 abortions before having him. 10 abortions? Shouldn't you at some point just have the aparatus removed if that's the extent to which you do not want a baby? I was flabbergasted.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's sad.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Oh boy I know a woman like this.

She had six abortions (okay one was an induced miscarrige by moving furniture) before she decided to have a kid.

Why? She was lucky number seven.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I wonder if these women ever looked into Planned Parenthood?

5. John

John Well-Known Member

That must have been one of the most awkward conversations ever.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have a card that gets punched every time you get a caramel apple, and after 10 punches, you get a free one. Substitute "caramel apple" with "dead baby" and there you go.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

STOP FUCKIN'! PUT!THE DICK!DOWN! [Chris Rock]

8. novelist_wannabe

It really wasn't. Mrs. Novelist and this lady knew each other pretty well from having worked together.

I neglected to mention that the bio mother was 39 when the kid was born, and she works for a strip club, though it's unclear in what capacity.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Something involving a back alley behind the club?

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Isn't that sort of thing common (or at least in the past) in Eastern Europe and Russia?

11. novelist_wannabe

For the record, we live in the Eastern United States ...

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Then you have the other extreme....

Mary was a devout catholic. She had 10 children with her first husband before he passed away.

Then she had another 12 children with her second husband before he passed away.

A few years later, Mary died. At her funeral, a bystander heard the priest say "They're together at last"
    The bystander said "Do you mean her and first husband or her and her second husband?"
    The priest said "I mean her legs"

Draft saved Draft deleted