1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you don't buy fresh ingredients and prepare it yourself. ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 14, 2013.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Finding out that I ingested horse meat would not be a big deal to me. Heck, I went looking for dog meat (to see what it tasted like) when I was in Cambodia a few months ago.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Just don't eat human meat. You'll get the craving.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mk14_it-s-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-t_fun#.UR0UuoataZQ

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

As long as you're not credentialed for the Kentucky Derby or the Westminster Dog Show, I don't really have a problem with that.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Considering the diet of garbage I routinely subject my body to, horse would be a step in the right direction.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Vincent: Want some bacon?
    Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
    Vincent: Are you Jewish?
    Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
    Vincent: Why not?
    Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
    Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
    Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
    Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
    Jules: I don't eat dog either.
    Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
    Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
    Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
    Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherfuckin' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, if it makes it into the grinder, it's making it into my stomach, and it's going to taste good.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

HOW ABOUT NEIGH

8. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Once a year my parents and my family split a cow. We go to the farm and pick out our cow. It is slaughtered, butchered and packaged for us. The meat is all grass-fed with no hormones. We fill our freezer and have all the beef we want. We are charged $3.10 a pound. It is so much cheaper and better than buying from the local meat department, and we know what we're getting. I don't know why more people don't do this.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

My ex-wife and I used to received a quarter cow from her dad every year. loved it.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well, for starters, I don't have a freezer big enough for half a cow...or even a 1/4 of a cow.

I gotta leave room for stuff like garlic bread and Thin Mints!

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

French fries are out, then?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21588575

Horse in the IKEA meatballs in Sweden a few days ago (I don't buy meatballs. ... but for anyone who does, who buys them at IKEA?!?!?)

Today. ... Donkey in your South African meat products.

Draft saved Draft deleted