1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will we be ready for a 9/11 movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

As Playthrough noted, if we go on the history of the Titanic and Pearl Harbor, in about 2061 a blockbuster movie - either in the summer as a flagship or in December for Oscar season - will come out featuring two people who fell in love on the 81st floor.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Titanic scratched an itch that was in most people's mind: What did that scene of the ship turned upwards, breaking in half and diving into the Atlantic look like?

There is no such itch with 9/11.

You'd have to pick one story and tell it well and not count on special effects for it to work.

I don't see a sweeping narrative of the events ever working outside of the documentary setting. The CGI would be insulting to the actual event. Offensive, almost.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Never. That was the most documented event, in terms of film, photos, voicemails and personal accounts, in the history of mankind. People who want to know what happened, know what happened.

The thought of putting out a fictional movie about something that everyone knows so much about is sickening (to me, at least). I wouldn't spend any amount of time or money on it.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Transformers meets Schindler's List

Draft saved Draft deleted