1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will the Soulja Boy dance die?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jan 4, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I used to have the song as a ringtone, but that was only because my sister downloaded it onto my phone.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It's caught on like wildfire because the lyrics are easy to remember and the beat is catchy. It has no lyrical meaning and there is no point to the song besides pressing a woman to the sheets after finishing on her back. It's good to dance to, but just to listen to it is painful.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's better than some raps I've heard on myspace.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Agreed. And I hate R. Kelly. And Kelly Clarkson. But not Reckless Kelly. Love me some Reckless Kelly.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Yeah, Rich Boy is not lyrically gifted after "Throw Some D's" and "Boy Looka Here". Southern rap has really taken a downfall with this "snap music".

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't mind all the snap music.

We need more whistle music.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Juelz is good lyrically to a point. His album "What the Game's Been Missing" is a quality album, and the appearance by Cam'Ron on several songs is the highlight of the album. His verse in "Murda Murda" isn't the greatest lyrically, but he puts words together extremely well considering what he rhymes.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I HATE that song.

I like 'Oh Boy' by Cam, though.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Juelz needed to drop one album and then feature on several Dipset and Cam'Ron songs. He's great for a verse, but as an album, his "AYYY!!!" wears on me.

10. Norman Stansfield

We need the Sugar Hill Gang to make a comeback.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't know that I know any other Juelz Santana songs. But I bump the shit out of that song whenever it comes on my iTunes.

Ever want to see a 31-year-old white girl shakin' it? Play that anywhere near me.

12. Norman Stansfield

I miss Prime Minister Sinister Pete Nice and MC Serch.

I believe it's time for the Gas Face.

Draft saved Draft deleted