1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will the Soulja Boy dance die?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jan 4, 2008.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Seriously.

First it was the song. Then Bo Ryan's doing the dance in some video.

Then, I'm watching Maury the other day. A woman finds out some guy fathered her baby (I think those are the only shows Maury does now) and instead of yelling at him, or whatever they do now, she jumps up and does the Soulja Boy on stage.

Today, I see this commercial (no idea why the video's 10 minutes long, it's a 30 second commercial).

Please...for the love of god...STOP WITH THE SOULJA BOY.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have no clue what the Soulja Boy is. You damned kids, with your Hippity Hoppity music!

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Here's Bo Ryan's version.

And here's the video that inflicted it all on us:

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I wonder if Bo was ever educated as to what 'Supaman Dat Ho' actually means.

If he knew, I'm guessing he wouldn't have done that.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

YOUUUUUUUUUUU better respect the Soulja Boy, for all the YouTube parodies both of the song itself and for the many movies and TV shows that have been cut up and edited to make it look like the characters are doing the stupid dance.

I too, want this thing to die, but I am sure that it won't for quite a while.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've heard it at all of the games I've covered this week. People are starting to get an annoyed look when it comes on. I'm hoping it's gone in the next few weeks.

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Sadly where I live, which is backwoods as can be, people are not only still loving the song, but they are doing the dances in the crowds. There are even contests to see who has the best dance.
    I'm ready to pull out what little hair I have left.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I know what that means. I think I do, but I'm not sure.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=supaman+dat+ho

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

He instead probably should've made an ass of himself with his courtside interactions with opposing fans.

Oh wait, that's what his well-tanned, lesser colleague across the state prefers to do.

;D

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How the hell do you do that without waking her up?

12. sometimes these terms are funny - ie chickenhead - but this one is just stoopid.

Draft saved Draft deleted