1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will the first gay active pro athlete come out?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You know Print, I'm sure there are people on this board who consider me an intolerant, judgmental, right-wing, homophobe (and an Islamaphobe too), the pathetic thing is that's what I think you are.

And while Bob Cook is right that 99% of the time a gay man will leave you alone, there have been times when I thought someone's eyes lingered a little too long in the gym and I have had a co-worked offer to suck my dick (to be fair, we were in a gay bar, but we were in a mixed group of co-workers that included his boyfriend and my girlfriend).

But, here's the funny thing: some dude's mouth is unlikely to wrap itself around your dick without your active participation.

If you're not interested, there's not much to be worried about.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is the answer to those questions you want to go with?

Cause I am not sure how any of that addresses what I thought were two pretty straightforward questions.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-512292/Gay-Radio-4-presenter-drugged-raped-man-New-Years-Eve-party.html

This recent example doesn't agree with you Yank.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Don't think that anyone has said a church has to perform the services to confirm gay marraige.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm going to start calling you YankFan. :D

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Ragu, let's see if this is clear enough:

You want full liberty for gay people? Give it to everybody, polygamists, etc. Do I have to point that out?

Don't force these laws on the churches because you'll infringe upon church and state.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

You REALLY think these lawyers are going to stop before taking this ground too? Right.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Is that the opposite of intolerant, judgmental, left-wing, Christophobes?

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I like turtles!

[​IMG]

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I didn't ask about polygamists. I asked about gay marriage. You have said it is your belief that marriage should be only between a man and a woman.

You are not answering my question about gay marriage when you ignore the question and say something about polygamy.

And if the inference is somehow that since polygamy isn't legal, gay marriage shouldn't be legal, I have news -- using that circuitous logic, NOTHING should be legal, including your man-woman marriage. I don't think it's the backward argument you really want to make.

So back to the actual questions, and let's see if you can stick to the actual thing you specifically have said you oppose. I'll put it in all kinds of different ways: Why do we have to go by what you want marriage to be? What is so bad if two men or two women want to be married? Why does this have any bearing on you or your life?

It's simple. It has nothing to do with polygamy. I am asking you about gay marriage.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are conflating two separate issues.

Nobody is saying that you can't say what you believe.

We are criticizing the belief itself.

Huge, huge difference, despite your attempt at misdirection.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There are plenty of intolerant people on the left.

But your paranoia -- for lack of a better word -- about homosexuals is startling.

Do you not know/love anyone who is gay?

Do you rally give a shit who someone else wants to sleep with?

And, I'm not necessarily on board with all of the political issues involved, but give me a break. Gay people exist. They always have. And they're just like you in every way except for who they're sexually attracted to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.