1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will Hillary drop out?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Giggity, May 11, 2008.

?

When will Hillary Clinton drop out of the race?

1. May 12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. May 13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. May 14

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. May 15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. May 16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. May 17

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. May 18

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. May 19

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. May20

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. May 21

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  11. May 22

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. After the May 31 rules meeting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. After the June 3 primaries

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  14. At the convention

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  15. She's going to win

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  16. Other

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. Giggity

Giggity Member

Re: When will SHE drop out?

You know what, you're right. I'll change it.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Thank you, I appreciate it. It allows us to have a serious conversation.

I think she should bow out sooner rather than later. Newsweek recently had an interesting look at who the person might be who would tell her it's time to go. I'll go look for links.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She's out of money?! Are you fucking serious?

She can finance this whole thing on her own. All she has to do is send out her husband on a few speaking engagements and she can loan herself a few more millions...

I have a feeling she's going to be in it until the convention unless she and Obama work something out to make her the VP, which I don't see happening. I don't think she wants it and I don't think he wants her.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Correct me if my observation is wrong, but Hillary is the one who goes to the "you're picking on me because I'm a female" defense a lot.
    Yes, it shouldn't be, but gender is a major factor in this race.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Markvid and Frank have excellent points -- gender is a major factor in this race, and sometimes the flash points come from surprising sources. Both sides are playing it. Not arguing that. But we can have serious, relevant discussions without the focus on gender, which is not among the list of reasons why Clinton should drop out.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

She'll take it to the convention floor, but by that point enough superdels would have declared for Obama for it to be a formality and nobody will pay attention to her.

Has Ron Paul dropped out of the GOP race yet?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums it up for me. She will stay in it, hoping to push herself into the VP discussion, for as long as she needs to. Just doesn't seem like she intends to quit any time soon.

8. Giggity

Giggity Member

The Economist had a nice comparison: She's a cartoon character who's gone over the edge of the cliff, legs still pumping, and is the last one to realize it. (I'll leave the Wile E. Coyote threadjack to somebody else.)

http://www.economist.com/opinion/displayStory.cfm?source=most_commented&Story_ID=11332147&intent=readBottom

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'd like to think she'd call it a campaign after the Oregon primary (assuming Obama gets the expected big win), but with all the bridges she's burned, she might as well ride this all the way through.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Either this Wednesday, or the following. Maybe she hangs in to June 4. But I bet she'll try to go out on a high note, after winning a primary and maybe cutting a deal with Obama to pay off her campaign debt. She won't drag this out to the convention. She's not stupid.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Hillary will drop out as soon as Obama has 2,025 delegates. The superdelegates have the power to make Obama the winner. They aren't using it. Why should she drop out?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This campaign debt canard is a bunch of crap. See previous snarky posts about the $116M (or whatever it was) tax returns.

Draft saved Draft deleted