1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will Hillary drop out?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Giggity, May 11, 2008.

?

When will Hillary Clinton drop out of the race?

1. May 12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. May 13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. May 14

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. May 15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. May 16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. May 17

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. May 18

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. May 19

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. May20

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. May 21

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  11. May 22

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. After the May 31 rules meeting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. After the June 3 primaries

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  14. At the convention

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  15. She's going to win

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  16. Other

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. Giggity

Giggity Member

I'm going with May 21.

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Re: When will SHE drop out?

After the Obama presidential inauguration.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I like lemons.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm the a-hole who answered "She's going to win."

I don't know when she will drop out. If her delusion that she can still win has reached this far, she'll have to be dragged away kicking and screaming.

5. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

Why should she drop out? If she has the money to continue campaigning and has the will to continue, she should continue. Hell, Mike Gravel hasn't dropped out. Why should Clinton?
    Frankly, I think she should stay in until the convention and try to assert some measure of influence to see that the Michigan and Florida delegations get seated. But that's just me. I like when people's votes count.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

She doesn't have the money to continue campaigning. Haven't you gotten the memo that she's millions in debt because of her campaign?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

They sent out a memo for that?

Attn: Voters
    Subject: Hillary Clinton

jmm1412: she should drop out because she can't win. The only thing staying can accomplish is a division of the Democratic party.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I guess it wasn't a formal memo, but it would be fantastic if it were. An e-mail with the same message might have the same affect. Sorry, I guess it just makes me giggle. Others probably don't find it so funny.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'd be more willing to answer your question if you had started a thread with a more respectful title. "When will Clinton drop out?" would have sufficed.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Clinton is not my candidate. But I am appalled at the seemingly routine sexism in regard to her candidacy. If the Democratic situation were reversed and you wanted to make clear which candidate you were talking about without using a name, would you have started a thread titled "When will the N----R drop out?" Or what if I started a thread about the Republican candidate and titled it "What will it take to beat the FUCKHEAD in November?"

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

June 10, the following will be part of Hillary's speech:

"The people and the superdelegates have spoken and they want Senator Obama to be the Democratic nominee for president. I respect that decision and hereby withdraw my nomination to be the Democratic nominee for the presidency. However it is still full-steam ahead for the White House as today I am declaring myself an independent candidate for the presidency."

11. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

As long as she's willing to go into debt to finance a campaign, then she has money to campaign. And if she thinks she would make a better president than Obama or McCain, then she should continue. Her focus should be on the country, not the party.

And of course she CAN win. Do I think she will win? No, not at all. She apparently thinks she can win, or at least she thinks she can influence the debate by staying in.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Some of the worst stuff I've heard and read has come from women. It's almost as if they feel their gender allows them to say things about her that decent men can't. Whether from man or woman, I think the ability to make it so personal is more than a little kooky. "She" in a subject line is the least of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted