1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will Barry flash a genuine smile

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I showed him how to pull the ball and told him that, if he wore a little body armor, he could protect himself against inside pitches as well as evil spirits and the cold and flu season.

2. Mmac

Mmac Guest

smiling and nodding

3. boots

boots New Member

Are you jealous because I mention someone that I met along the way? Surely you jest. Knowing someone by acquaintence or circumstance is not a big deal to me. To you it seemingly means the world.
    Barry is a man just like I am. He doesn't walk on water. He doesn't feed the multitude. He will go toes up just like me some day.
    Why you insist on being moderator/instigator/nitwit is really beyond me. You have issues that I want to address now. I'm trying to keep the board clear of nasty remarks. As a moderator, I would hope that you would want that as well.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

smiling and nodding

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

hy·poc·ri·sy(hi-pahkri-see)
    n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
    1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
    2. An act or instance of such falseness.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Middle English ipocrisie, from Old French, from Late Latin hypocrisis, play-acting, pretense, from Greek hupokrisis, from hupokrnesthai, to play a part, pretend : hupo-, hypo- + krnesthai, to explain, middle voice of krnein, to decide, judge; see krei- in Indo-European roots.]

6. Scoreboard!

7. boots

boots New Member

I don't know who or care what you are. I have ignored you for a while. The message goes for you as well.
    You want to get your pals worked up, get boards locked and create bullshit. You spend most of your days along here trying to down people. Do me a favor and stop. Please.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Smiling and nodding

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You call him a nitwit, yet want to keep the board free of nasty remarks...

wow... how do you get through the day without being beaten up for your lunch money...

11. boots

boots New Member

No One gets my lunch money without a fight. I might get my ass kicked but it'll be the toughest ass they have kicked.
    I may have come off too strong by calling him a nitwit but enough is enough. I have grown tired of his game.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Boots,

Just use your ignore button. The wannabes on the board take offense when people who are really in the business have a normal discussion of subjects. They feel like you're big-timing them when you think you're just talking shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.