1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will Barry flash a genuine smile

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

I for one am tired of seeing a sullen looking Barry Bonds during this home run chase. I don't think he is enjoying it, even when he plays in San Francisco. Will he ever smile on the ball field again?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Who the fuck cares?

3. boots

boots New Member

I do. With nothing proven, I want to see the guy enjoy his career. He didn't succumb to the dark side like Jason Giambi. Yet somehow, Giambi is looked upon as a hero when he's an admitted cheater.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You must have seen a different Barry than me the past week or so. I haven't seen him as upbeat in a long time. I thought he really enjoyed being the unofficial host of the ASG, holding court with the other NL players in the clubhouse and throwing his party at Roe.

5. boots

boots New Member

It was a fostered smile, in my opinion.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Who are you to determine if it was a fostered smile or a genuine smile? Do you personally know Mr. Bonds like you do everyone else on Earth?

7. boots

boots New Member

Jealousy will get you no where. I do know Barry well enough to put a good judgement on whether I feel he is enjoying this time in his career.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm sure you do. I'm sure you do.

Everyone just needs to nod and smile at this point.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Were you there? Did you see the circumstances around it? Someone who WAS there said he seemed upbeat but that's not enough for you?

Jumpin Jeebus....

10. IU90

IU90 Member

Thank you, exactly. There's not a great athlete anywhere on earth over the last 30 years that our man boots doesn't know far better than anyone else here. He's my hero.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

::)

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.