1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When were you conceivied?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Feb 6, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just fucking perfect. :D

Dad Cowbell: "No son of mine is going to be conceived during the fucking baseball season!"

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Some quick math reveals ... I might have been conceived after the senior prom. :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Speaking of things dawning on people...

I was dating a girl about 11 years ago. Her parents happened to celebrate their 20th anniversary somewhere near the begining of us seeing each other. About 5 months later, the girl celebrated her 20th birthday. I pointed that out to her, which then made her realize that her mom had been pregnant with her when her parents married.

We hadn't had sex up to that point, her being a good little girl. That night, however :)

4. Awesome.

5. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

parents' wedding day Sept. 4, 1972; AP's birthday June 6, 1973. So I'll say a hotel room in Branson, Mo., where they honeymooned. They explained me off to people not that i was dropped on my head as a child, but i was started in Branson, and well, these things just happen.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

August or September 1971. I was born June 24, 1972, and I was three weeks late.

Speaking of a do the math story, my cousin gets me to do the math on her mom's 60th birthday was seven months after my grandparent's 60th anniversary. I got chills and threw up in my mouth a little.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I wasn't going to post on this thread -- UNTIL I saw this. haha.

My parents told me, after a boyfriend asked - not sure how we got on the topic - of where I was conceived.
    Mom said, "Um, well, you know, those seats in the Volkswagen recline pretty well."
    From that day forward, I'd never been so disgusted to think about my parents having sex and to know I came about in a Beetle!

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So what kind of car do you drive today, sxy? I'm guessing you'd have an innate attraction to Volkswagens.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

It's NOT a Volkswagen, I'll tell ya that.
    Plus, those Volkswagens back in the 1970s didn't have air condition!

10. I'm glad I could bring back some happy memories for you, sxy.

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Given the math, I'm pretty sure I was a honeymoon baby.
    Given the math, looks like my parents had the idea to have a second child as they celebrated my second birthday.

But the best family story is that of my husband and his two siblings. All were born at the beginning of June, so it seems conception always dates back to the big Labour Day weekend blowouts down at the family compound in the Adirondacks.

The running joke with the in-laws is that they "give Labour Day a whole new meaning."

That that is definitely TMI.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I was my mom's 24th birthday present.

Draft saved Draft deleted